The School Committee may establish subcommittees and task forces as
needed. These subcommittees may be created for a specific purpose and to
make recommendations for Committee action.
- The subcommittee or taskforce will be established through action of the Committee.
- The Committee Chair will appoint the subcommittee chair and its
members. Members may include School Committee members and other
residents. Staff members and students also may be appointed to
committees where appropriate.
- The subcommittee will be provided with a charge and a list of its functions and duties.
- The subcommittee may make recommendations for Committee action, but it may not act for the School Committee.
- The Committee Chair and Superintendent will be ex-officio members of all subcommittees.
- A subcommittee will be dissolved by the Committee upon completion of
its assignment, or it may be dissolved by a vote of the Committee at
Such groups will conduct meetings in open session, except when an
executive session is necessary as prescribed by state law. (See also Policy BEC
.) Meetings will be held at publicly announced times and places. A
summary of the open meeting law will be given to each group Chair, with
the requirement that the Central Office announce and post the times and
locations of all meetings. (See also Policy BEDA .)
The existence of such groups, their membership, and specific tasks
will be announced publicly at the time of appointment. The membership of
each group will be available from the Central Office.
Region Voted to Approve: 11/25/08
Amherst Voted to Approve: 12/9/08
Pelham Voted to Approve: 12/4/08
Effective Date: 12/9/08